Celebrate the harvest season at Soil Born Farms. Enjoy fun activities for the whole family, shop at our Farmstand and tour the farm. Sip on a mug of spiced hot cider and enjoy brunch while listening to live music. Admission is free but there is a small fee for some activities.
- Trick-Or-Treating: Kids, dress up in your favorite Halloween costume and trick-or-treat at Phoebe’s Tea & Snack Bar.
- Kids Activity Tent: Make Oak Gall Creatures to decorate your doorstep for Halloween. Create monsters, ghosts, black cats and more.
- Ghoulish Youth Garden: Calling all Goblins and Ghouls! Dressed in your Halloween best, hunt for spooky creatures hiding among the squash plants, play pumpkin leapfrog and dig your hands into a worm bin full of creepy crawlies.
- Li’l Sproutiville: Explore Bat Hollow Maze and play under the haunted pine trees.
- Farm Tour (10:30am): Explore Soil Born Farms with Shawn Harrison, Founder & Co-Director.
- Pumpkin Decorating and Wreath-making: Lots of fun for a small fee.
- Green Plate Special: $8 donation. Organic farm fresh frittata with seasonal vegetables, roasted root vegetables, and cornbread muffin. With Niman Ranch bratwurst sausage, $12.
- Kids Plate: $5 donation. Farm animal-shaped Belgian whole grain waffle with organic maple syrup, fresh fruit and organic juice pouch.
Get your meal ticket at Phoebe’s Tea & Snack Bar. Served at the Farmhouse Kitchen window starting at 10am, until we sell out. Proceeds benefit our community education programs.
- Phoebe’s Tea & Snack Bar: Serving Pachamama organic coffee; signature hot herbal tea, seasonal spiced cider, Chai tea latte and Coco-Cocoa; baked goods from Old Soul Co. and Real Pie Company and healthy snacks.
Eat Your Veggies Demo & Tasting • 9:30am to 12:30pm
Join us to learn how to prepare fall harvest produce in simple and delicious ways. Tasting samples, recipes and nutritional information will be available.
Pachamama Demo & Tasting • 9am to 12pm
Come taste a sample of Pachamama coffee and receive a free sample pack of whole beans while supplies last.
Farmstand • 9am to 1pm
Featuring organic fruit and vegetables, local honey, jams, baked goods, herbs, flowers, special products from local farms and unique and practical gifts for the cook and gardener.
Milly’s Mercantile & Gifts
A unique selection of practical gifts and sustainable items to support a healthy lifestyle and the Earth.
Greenhouse Garden Shop
Organic herbs, flowers, veggies and fruit trees.
Native Plants • 10am to 1pm
Elderberry Farms Native Plant Nursery Open House
- Millington Strings in the Barn from 9am to 12:30pm
- RC Swing Dance Band in the Outdoor Theater from 10am-12pm
Meet the Artist • 10:30am-12pm
Anna Meier showcases her beautiful natural dyed textiles, silk scarves and napkin sets. You can also join Anna and take her class from 1-4pm to learn how to make natural dyes and discover secrets and gifts of plant color. Registration link below.
- Families on the Farm • 9:30-11:30am: Hike along the American River Parkway to learn about seasonal changes in our local flora and fauna. Pre-registration is required. Register >>
- Introduction to Natural Dyes • 1-4pm: Come learn the ancient art of natural dyes and discover the secrets and gifts of plant color. Pre-registration is required. Register >>
Many thanks to our event sponsor: Pachamama Coffee Farmers